Monday, January 13, 2014

Painting #4, Day #13...



8" x 8"
acrylic on panel

Okay, so I have not been keeping up with the challenge.  It is day 13 and I have only completed 5 paintings (one I will post later tonight).

I thought this one had a lot of promise when I started, but it didn't turn out how I would have liked.  I blame the too large of a panel... Too much room to noodle around!  Also this was a two-sitting painting and I think the second time I went at it I wasn't quite thinking along the same lines as the first time.

Anyway, it makes me think I need to stick to alla prima (all in one sitting) and to get back into painting daily.  It's not that you will create a masterpiece every time, it is that you will be exercising your painting muscles so that when you do have a little more time to spend with a painting, you will be ready to go.  Easier said than done, but...

No comments:

Post a Comment