Sunday, January 11, 2015

Day 11

"yellow-ish"
6" x 6"
watercolor

This was done from the same reference photo of a yellow lab as yesterday's painting.  I tried to rework the composition and the drawing.  I'm still not loving either 100% and I sort of like yesterday's color a little better, but...I'm learning!  

Here is a collage of my process on this one, and as I look at it I kind of wish I quit while I was ahead.  I like the colors coming through in step 3 better than the final and it reminds me to slow down and leave things alone.  Don't overwork!  This reminds me of an exercise that I need to try, painting with limited strokes, like 20.



2 comments:

  1. I love this! You totally capture this sweet lab. Reminds me of mine...Fenway (girl). And I totally get the wishing you quit while you were ahead. It's a common struggle with my own work. I ruin more paintings by continuing to "tweak". Not sure why we can't stop sooner.

    ReplyDelete