Friday, January 23, 2015

Painting 22 on Day 23...

7.5" x 7.5"
watercolor

Having been sick the past couple days, I am behind a day.  I actually painted one of my favorite paintings so far during the worst of it, but then I took yesterday off to recover...  So, here is my 22nd painting, painted on the 23rd.  

I painted tonight while I listened to a few podcast by Antrese Woods, The SavvyPainter.com. All told, I listen to 3 today, Carol Marine, Susan Abbott, and Richard Scott.  What I took away from this was the common thread that, you don't have to, nor should you, share every single thing you paint.  Because quite frankly, you are going to paint a lot of duds in comparison to the sucesses, and that's okay.   Sharing/posting everything you do creates an undue stress that everything you do be "sharable".  This makes a lot of sense to me as I try and produce 30 "sharable" paintings in 30 unrealistic days.  However, I also don't have any ego, so I have shown everything I've done, duds and all.  If I were further along in my career, I might care, but this 30 day challenge has just been for me to prove to myself that I can make a commitment to my art, to explore watercolor further, and to practice, practice, practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment