Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day Sixteen of Thirty

watercolor 8" x 10"


This is a second stab at the portrait I did on Day Six.  I am trying to work more loosely and I thought it might help to use a reference that I am very familiar with so that I don't get caught up in the drawing part of it.  I liked how it was coming together early on, but then I think I killed it.  The color got muddy and the edges got crumbly, and now I think I should just go to sleep!  Let's try, try  again, again.

 
I like the look of the untouched wash on the right side and the fresh colors.  I need to try to leave well enough alone...

2 comments:

  1. I think one of the hardest things about painting is knowing when to stop, I always like the beginning stages of my paintings too. This one is still beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice expression and that is the center of interest. The eyes are great and that is what caught my eye. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete