Wednesday, January 2, 2013


For 2013, I made a resolution to do a painting/drawing a day for the whole year.  I started out strong last year but fizzled as the year went on...

So this year I am going to start with thirty paintings in thirty days! I am going to participate in Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings In 30 Days Challenge at http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/ I am very excited to start and plan to use portrait/figures as my theme.  I have been sketching from some photos I took of the kids and plan to develope them into paintings.  The question is what media...





I had been playing around with watercolor but I really like the look of oils. I'm not comfortable with having oils (read: turpentine) out with a curious two year old in the house so that brings me to acrylics... I will have to get some and try them out. But for today, watercolor it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment