Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day Thirty of Thirty

watercolor 9" x 12"

Wow.  I did it!  I painted thirty paintings in thirty days.  Thank you Leslie Saeta for challenging me to paint everyday for a month.  It has given me a new sense of purpose.  I am inspired and humbled by my fellow painters in this 30 in 30 Challenge.  And I can't wait to start again tomorrow...
Going forward, I intent to try to still paint every day, but to work on larger more involved works.  I felt a little rushed with some of these, but in starting and finishing 30 paintings I learned that it often has more to do with the planning stage than the execution.  Some of my favorite ones actually took less time to paint than some of my least favorite ones.  The difference was in the choices that I made before paint ever hit paper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment